Our client is currently seeking a TECHNICAL AGRONOMIST (TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT) - I
- We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated individual to fill in a technical agronomist position for a six-month term.
- The individual will have working knowledge and experience with field production operations (mainly corn) and will work very closely with our science and engineering staff to execute and evaluate multidisciplinary research experiments.
- This is an excellent opportunity to work with leading edge technology and talented cross functional teams seeking to deliver the very best technologies.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Execute greenhouse and field trials focused on characterizing crop development and seed production for research.
- Support field work for the team and key stakeholders.
- Execute collaborative applied research projects focused on the effects of varying environmental and physical conditions for improving seed production.
- Work with science and engineering staff to support and evaluate new concepts and their development.
- Using appropriate tools and resources including: germination chambers, plug testing facilities, and analytical instruments to identify measurable, distinguishing features and characteristics during young plant development, as well as documenting findings.
- Plan, schedule, evaluate, analyze and interpret results of experiments. Document procedures, results and conclusions.
- Report frequently on research activities to his/her supervisor.
- Actively participate in ESH programs on site.
- Education, Training and/or Experience Requirements
- Minimum: Diploma and 2-5 years of experience in Agronomy, Plant physiology, Biological Engineering or related fields.
- Must have a good understanding of corn production operations
- Must be willing to spend time in the field executing protocols
- Having a working knowledge of reproductive biology of corn would be a plus
- Must be an independent thinker with the ability to work with minimal supervision in day-to-day activities
- Must possess excellent communications skills including the ability to clearly present information and influence others through oral or written communications
- Have Decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to travel across the mid-western US to run field protocols