Perform any combination of tasks to set up and operate some types of welding machines that join together parts of fabricated metal products as specified by mechanical drawings. Must plan, lay out, set up and perform some work assignments independently. Must use correct templates and accurately position and fit parts with an average tolerance in accordance with mechanical drawings and instructions on shop drawing.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Sets up and operates some types of welding machines.
2. Reads and interprets most mechanical drawings and shop routing.
3. Plans, lays out and performs some types of welding operations.
4. Welds standard parts with average tolerances.
5. Selects and uses correct welding rods and clamps.
6. Selects correct fabricated parts to weld.
B. Equipment Used
1. MIG Welding Machine
2. TIG Welding Machine.
3. Pedestal grinders
4. Acetylene torch
5. Spot welder
6. Plasma cutter
7. Misc. hand grinders
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.