Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Engineer is responsible for leading the execution of TPM implementation plans to exceed the business objectives. This role is fundamental in supporting and leading TPM implementation, productivity improvement, and loss elimination initiatives across the manufacturing site. Success is measured by the ability to actively engage our manufacturing sites to achieve tangible results and to educate teams in waste elimination and Continuous Improvement (CI) using Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) methodology. The position would report to the Plant Manager.
- This position will be working with a wide variety of corporate leadership, site leadership, site associates, outside vendors and contractors to drive improvement in Safety, Quality, Production Efficiency, Costs and Loss Reduction.
- This position will implement Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) principles and Lean-Six Sigma capability tools to the site.
- This position will also have responsibility for supporting autonomous maintenance (AM), focused improvement (FI), planned maintenance (PM), early management (EM), and Kaizen Teams within the site.
- Sharing best practices to drive results and capability development consistency
- Provide technical leadership to our site leadership to effect improvement on production lines.
- Understand and apply financial drivers and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Lead team to develop and maintain engineering competencies at the sites by coaching and mentoring to build capabilities.
- Be the subject matter expert on TPM processes.
- Analyze reporting and communication of departmental key metrics related to maintenance systems, safety, and environmental.
- Utilization of CI/Lean tools, processes, and systems.
- Lead CI event through hands-on participation.
- Provide overall support, assistance, direction, and communication to management teams regarding TPM Initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Lean Six Sigma experience is required. Black Belt Certification is preferred.
- At least 2-5 years manufacturing experience leading TPM implementation and continuous improvement projects is required.
- Experience leading technical resources to successfully maintain production line equipment to achieve high levels of productivity.
- Must possess strong financial control skills to support plant efforts in successful cost and capital planning performance.
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter and strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel is required.