At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Sector is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Talent Acquisition Business Partner to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in San Diego, CA or Melbourne, FL.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Provide sourcing on engineering and/or non-engineering recruiting, to include: sourcing, screening, and managing candidate relationships with recruiters. A successful candidate must be able to effectively manage competing priorities, remain highly flexible in an ever-changing environment while consistently anticipating and delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions to recruiters. A successful candidate must also demonstrate solid judgment, the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, procedures and the business. The ability to source and recruit qualified talent while maintaining excellent customer service with hiring managers, candidates and other stakeholders is required.
To be great in this role the candidate must be able to successfully manage, prioritize and execute on searches against a timeline and have experience setting benchmarks, metrics, and understand how to prioritize to hit all customer SLAs. The best candidates will draw on extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners. They have a reputation for being exceptional at candidate generation, research and organization, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, have an ability to prioritize their time, demonstrate pushback and a sense of urgency, and understand the value of providing amazing customer service.
Strategic Talent Acquisition:
Demonstrated ability to apply a business mindset to the talent acquisition function
Makes connections between all talent management phases (acquisition, development, retention, culture)
Leverages data and market intelligence to develop and execute staffing strategies
Successfully blends diversity, regulatory requirements and business strategy throughout the process
* Demonstrates a deep understanding of the external recruiting landscape within their function
* Ability to successfully source and attract passive external talent
* Build a healthy pipeline of qualified candidates
* Review resumes and conduct phone screens to make recommendations to hiring managers
* Strong understanding of Boolean search methodology and execution
* Leveraging sourcing data in weekly conversations with hiring managers and TA leadership
Attain a high level understanding of our business, program, technological and cultural challenges
Demonstrates uncompromising ethical standards, integrity and respect for people
Maintains composure under stress and understands how externalized emotions impact others
Demonstrates self-awareness of strengths and opportunities; acts with humility by asking for feedback
Serves as a steward of the company; placing the needs of the company/ department before personal
Assessment and Selection:
Accurately assesses candidates (via in-person or phone) for cultural, competency and skill fit
Quickly synthesizes candidate and hiring manager feedback
Routinely pre-closes candidates (early in the process) to ensure high acceptance rates
* 6+ years of recruiting/HR experience with a Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of recruiting/HR experience with a Master's degree
* 4+ years of corporate and/or search firm progressive experience including passive candidate generation and full life cycle recruiting.
* Must have experience with building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools, including proactive phone and internet researches for potential candidates.
* 4+ years of corporate and or search firm progressive experience including passive candidate generation and full life cycle recruiting.
* Must have experience with building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools, including proactive phone and internet research.
* CTS/ATS experience with sourcing, tracking and managing candidates.
* MS Office- including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.