Who we are:
Takara Sake USA Inc., is a member of Takara Group, the leading corporation of alcohol-related business and biotechnology based in Japan. Takara Sake USA Inc. was established in 1983 in Berkeley, California. We have a unique Tasting Room and Sake Museum in Berkeley.
Position we are looking for:
Tasting Room Assistant
This position is ideal for someone who has a passion for sake and would like to continue learning about sake and its tradition. Our Tasting Room Team consists of fun, hardworking sake lovers that highly regard this industry. We are seeking a like-minded person. The ideal candidate should have an outgoing personality, be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills. This position will report to Tasting Room Manager.
- Tasting Room
- Greets all visitors to the Tasting Room, pours sakes for tasting, discusses sake and responds to customer questions as appropriate.
- Ensures that every visitor enjoys their sake tasting experience and leaves with a very high impression of our sakes.
- Promptly and graciously provide knowledgeable and courteous responses to guest questions, complaints and/or problems. Ensure that all problems are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction. Refer to management as appropriate.
- Is knowledgeable about sakes, accurately describes sakes, sakemaking techniques, sake history, appellations, and unique aspects of sakes.
- Effectively promotes and sells sake to customers.
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing discounts.
- Takes the initiative for self-development in the areas of our sake, our brands, general hospitality, and for acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
- Participates and assists with special hospitality events that occur at the tasting room.
- Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room.
- Assists with display and pricing of retail items and sakes as needed.
- Represents the tasting room at outside functions as required.
- Assist guests with transporting purchases to their vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sales / Marketing Assistant
- Ensure shipment for Internet Sales and special customer order, Kagami Biraki
- Assist SNS maintenance
- Contribute Local Events and Sales Calls as Brand Ambassador
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
- Possesses or can develop solid knowledge of sakes and sake making processes.
- Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public.
- Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Strong team-oriented work ethic; able to work cooperatively and pleasantly with colleagues
- Excellent time-management skills; ability to prioritize responsibilities and to multi-task
- Neat and organized work habits; reliable and dependable
- Experience in related industry.
- High School diploma/GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs regularly.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled