Job Title: Tax Manager
About Us:A job you love - The personal growth you need. Cummings & Houston, LLP is a small and unique CPA firm with a mission to develop outstanding people. This means we are interested in you and your professional and personal growth more than simply getting the work done or making a profit. Our people are known for their abilities to solve problems and for their professionalism. We strive to understand each person’s strength and weaknesses and to put them in circumstances that rely on their strengths. Our Firm represents a terrific opportunity to the next generation as a profitable firm that has a great work environment, high-quality clients and good work-life balance. We are located in the theater district of downtown Houston. Our Firm limits itself to tax and forensic accounting services. We seek a dedicated and caring individual with extraordinary skills and character. Are you that person?
Responsibilities:Our ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in individual, corporate, partnership and trust tax return preparation, planning and research as well as proven management abilities. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking initiative and managing multiple client engagements.
- Maintaining good client relationships by communicating effectively.
- Supervising and reviewing complex individual, corporation, trust, partnership and other tax returns.
- Mentoring and assisting younger professionals.
- Preparing large complex tax returns on occasion.
- Conducting tax research, consulting and planning projects to identify and offer solutions to solve client tax issues.
- Growing as an individual both professionally and personally looking to the future for your success and true enjoyment of your chosen profession.
Qualifications:You have a high level of professionalism and sense of responsibility. You have good interpersonal skills and are able to communicate effectively with all levels of our Firm and with our clients. You have:
- At least 7 years recent tax experience in public accounting.
- Attained the CPA designation.
- The ability to manage people and multiple projects effectively while enhancing client relationships.
- Strong technical knowledge and broad exposure to federal income taxation.
- Proven ability to make appropriate decisions regarding tax issues.
Specifics:We provide a supportive team environment with no pressure to cut moral corners. Integrity is a given with us. We are looking for that individual who can play a major role in the growth and development of our Firm consistent with our mission statement while having an important responsibility for our client base. We are able to provide an excellent opportunity for your career development and pathway. We offer competitive salary and benefit packages which include seasonal flex-time, bonuses, free parking, health insurance and much more. If you are searching for a unique firm and opportunity, contact us now.