PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Classroom Teacher is a key member of the education team that supports the mission and values of the Early Childhood Service line. The teacher utilizes early learning, Keystone Stars and other applicable federal, state and local standards. Standards to provide a developmentally appropriate schedule, activities and classroom environment for an inclusive classroom. The Classroom teacher will supervise the Assistant and the Aide and work with families to engage them in their child's program.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Director
CONTACTS: Provider agency staff, community partnership staff, transportation providers, Early Childhood staff, administrative team members, parents, community agencies, and Elwyn employees
* Early Childhood Education (ECE) certification required; OR Special Education certification with at least 18 credits in Early childhood education required
* Individualize Education Program (IEP) experience, including demonstrated experience in the planning, writing and implementation of IEP's, progress monitoring, positive behavior supports preferred
* Experience communicating with families, formally and informally, including engaging families in their child's educational program preferred
* Experience in providing direct services to preschoolers preferred
* Ability to implement the Keystone Star 3 and other applicable federal, state and local standards in an inclusive setting preferred
* Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external staff, and parents/guardians
* Experience with adaptive technology as related to early intervention services and data collection preferred
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES-
* Provides supervision and support to all classroom assistants and aides
* Completes Work Sampling Assessments, Ages and Stages Screenings, parent meetings and home visits
* Develops and implements lesson plans, IEP's and creates individual child portfolios
* Demonstrates flexibility in addressing daily situations involving children, parents and classroom staff
* Works with parents, Partnership Staff and related staff to address individual children's goals
* Facilitates home-visits and meetings with families
* Attends family events, trainings, informal and formal meetings, as needed.
* Utilizes self-assessment as a strategy for professional growth
* Performs other duties as assigned
Requires good physical health and the ability to work with personnel and assist students. Some possible hazards due to client behavior. See attached Physical Demands Sheet
Safety is essential to job performance. Employees must exercise caution and comply with standard safety requirements and procedures when providing instruction to students and staff.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled