Berkshire County Head Start is seeking Teachers for our preschool program. We serve Berkshire County with Head Start classrooms in Lee, Becket, Great Barrington, Pittsfield, and North Adams. Additionally we have child care in Pittsfield, Great Barrington and North Adams.
We are seeking individuals who are able to work as a strong and cooperative member of a team and possess good verbal and written communication skills.
It is our goal to work with families and assist children to develop socially, cognitively, physically, and emotionally while fostering a positive self-image and love for learning that will help them succeed in our program, in public school and later in life.
We are dedicated to ensuring that all children and their families have an opportunity for a significant Head Start experience through support and partnership with community and staff, while emphasizing positive child outcomes through family participation.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or related field or enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program
- EEC Teacher/Lead Teacher qualified preferred
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be able to sit, stand, run, walk, stoop, bend, twist, and lift up to 50 lbs., in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Bilingual a plus
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Preschool teaching experience
Salary Range: $25,000 to $33,000 a year dependent on degree
40 hours per week 52 weeks a year
Generous benefits including: 4 weeks’ vacation, sick, health, dental, life, short term disability, 12 holidays and tuition assistance for college courses.
Job Purpose Statement:
Classroom teachers are responsible for providing a developmentally appropriate, high quality early childhood experience for the children and families enrolled.
- Ensuring the care, welfare, and safety of all children at all times per EEC Regulations, Office of Head Start Standards, and program policies.
- Planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum for children with and without special needs, ages 2.9-Kindergarten in compliance with the Head Start Early Learning Framework, Guidelines for Preschool Learning Experience, and Massachusetts Common Core Standards. Through the use of the following tools ECERS, CLASS, ASQ-3, ESI, Creative Curriculum, and Teaching Strategies Gold
- Supervising children to ensure full compliance with Berkshire County Head Start (BCHS), EEC, and OHS safety and supervision regulations
- Providing guidance to classroom staff and modeling best practices following a collaborative teaching model.
- Conducting ongoing assessments and screenings; completing data entry by program deadlines
- Arranging regular opportunities for parents to be actively engaged in their child’s education including formal and informal meetings, classroom celebrations, and providing support for monthly parent meetings.
- Conduct a minimum of (2) parent conferences and (2) home visits per program year.
- Maintain program and classroom quality per BCHS policies, EEC and OHS regulations, and NAEYC standards.
- Maintain child files as required by the Office of Head Start, EEC regulations, and BCHS policies.
- Complete all required in-service trainings and participate in a minimum of 20- hours of on-going professional development
- Exercise overall supervision of the teaching team, volunteers, interns, and any other adults working in the classroom.
- Further the mission and vision of BCHS in all activities conducted while representing BCHS on site or in the community
- Perform light housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, orderly classroom environment.
Applicant must be able to provide references, pass a Background Records Check, be reliable, be a team player, and be able to provide documentation of good health to work with children (current physical/immunizations/etc.)
Please reply by email: firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp with letter of interest, resume and active references. BCHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA.