Hayward Pool Products, a division of Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world, with a significant presence in the commercial pool market that is continuously growing. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs, manufactures and markets a full line of residential and commercial pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, heating, cleaners, salt chlorinators, automation, lighting, safety, flow control and energy solutions. For over 80-years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to our customers’ needs and makes sure they are implemented during the design and manufacturing process. The goal is to become the preferred brand of choice with every residential and commercial swimming pool and spa.
Position Overview: Provides technical support to distributors, builders, dealers and pool owners on a timely basis via telephone and email. Position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer literacy, and basic knowledge of plumbing, hydraulics and electrical functions.
- Assists callers and other correspondents with issues regarding equipment installation, operation and programming.
- Resolves incoming questions concerning pool product defects and replacements from customers by ascertaining the cause of the problem.
- Refers warranty service and repair issues to the appropriate recipients and follows up when needed to ensure that they are handled on a timely basis to meet customer needs.
- Collects service data from Field Service Partners and identifies trends and other areas of concern.
- Communicates potential product problems to Quality Control.
- Interfaces with District Technical Managers, District Sales Managers, Quality Control and Engineering on a regular basis.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Able to write/generate reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from builders, servicers, dealers, end-users and potential customers.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumferences and volume.
- Able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- In-depth knowledge of pool product line, plumbing, hydraulics, and electrical functions.
- 3-5 years relative experience and/or training
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Successful completion of all job related training is required