The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, manuals, references, or instructions. This candidate should have strong communication skills which enable them to explain complicated concepts in a simple manner. This individual will also meet with customer representatives frequently in order to understand required content.
- Author technical content for a variety of clients using minimalist writing style.
- Author operation, repair, troubleshooting or test procedures as required.
- Use a variety of content development tools such as FrameMaker, InDesign, or proprietary software.
- Determine good graphical representation to support text and work with illustrators to develop technical illustrations.
- Work with client representatives as required.
- Comply with each client’s specifications and style guides.
- Accept ambiguity of client-supplied information.
- Operate, disassemble, and assemble equipment in our facility as required.
- Professional experience with operation, diagnostics, and repair of automotive, construction, forestry, or agriculture equipment.
Three years technical content development in XML, FrameMaker, InDesign, or other desktop publishing platforms.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documentation and specifications is required.
- Working knowledge of systems such as electrical, hydraulics, engines, or drive trains.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients, ownership, and co-workers.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Education in a technical field desired, but not required.
You may have been frustrated in the past with the quality of the manuals or training you were supplied; now you can be the person that puts the right information in the hands of the technicians doing the work! Don’t be intimidated by the writing aspect of this position; we will train the right individual to be successful as a technical content developer, a new lucrative and rewarding profession.
Click Here To Apply