Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
This is an entry level position. We are looking for candidates that want to gain experience in IT and Data Center Operations. The associate level Customer Support Technician will go through training programs during the first several months of the job. The training helps the employee gain skills necessary to support our Data Centers.
- Monitoring the building’s mechanical, security and electrical systems using the building management system
- Conducting scheduled physical inspections of building infrastructure
- Installation and troubleshooting of customer cross connects, both fiber optics and UTP
- Respond to facility alarms and events as instructed by Data Center Management
- Enforce physical security policy and procedure by issuing badge access cards, escorting vendors, conducting audits and performing data center rounds
- Maintain detailed documentation of facility status by using digital rounds tool, completing trouble tickets, logging site visitors, and other documentation as required
- Provide package handling by receiving packages, documenting deliveries and ensuring secure storage of those packages.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers by performing remote hands, rotating backup storage tapes and replacing hardware
- Customer Service
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Must be computer proficient using Microsoft Office software, and other software products in use at Viawest
- Installation and troubleshooting of fiber optic cabling (both SingleMode and MultiMode)
- Installation and troubleshooting of UTP cabling (CAT3, CAT5e, CAT6, CAT6a)
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to analyze and identify issues negatively impacting customer environments.
- Desire to grow and learn new technologies
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good decision making abilities a must
- Flexibility to support 24 / 7 operations
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Bending, twisting, reaching
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to operate a pallet jack
Why Work with Us:
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Criminal background check required. AA/EOE