Now Hiring - Technical Assistance Associate.
Peak 10 provides IT infrastructure solutions that ensure the 24/7/365 availability and security of our customers’ critical data and applications. Customer-centric and cost-competitive, Peak 10 IT infrastructure solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to increase agility, lower costs, improve performance and focus internal resources on their core competencies — all while maintaining required uptime, access and security.
Our business and customer base is growing at an exciting and rapid pace. To further fuel this growth, we are seeking a dynamic Data Center Technician to join our team.
The Data Center Technician (DCT) is a 24 x 7 x 365, market based position responsible for providing physical and technical support to Peak 10 customers and resources. Candidates to be considered for this role must be able to work within the framework of the overall Peak 10 Support Strategy. DCTs must be able to demonstrate the ability to represent Peak 10 during interactions with customers and internal resources in a calm and professional manner.
- Provide Support to the Peak 10 Customer Base:
- Timely resolution and/or escalation of customer issues
- Maintain a level of professionalism while engaging with customers
- Troubleshoot and document technical issues using Peak 10 ticketing system
- Follow Peak 10 Support processes and procedures
- Assist in Facility Operations:
- Complete Facility Rounds
- Secure receipt and shipping of packages
- General data center upkeep
- Follow Peak 10 data center policies and procedures
- Participate in Facility Training Programs
- Work with Market Facility Operations Engineer on daily data center management
- Provision Peak 10 Services:
- Assist and/or complete physical and logical installations of Peak 10 services
- Update all relevant and required documentation
- Manage assigned workflow tasks in order to provide timely turnaround to customers
- AA, BS, or High School Diploma and actively pursuing and advanced degree in the technology field
- Familiarity with various server, application, and network technologies including:
- Remote Desktop, SSH, Console Access
- Microsoft Server Technologies (IIS, SQL, Exchange, etc…)
- VMWare and/or other virtualization technologies
- Linux (or other *nix platforms)
- VLAN’s, ACL’s, IP subnets
- Excellent people and proactive communications skills
- Experience with ticket documentation system preferred
- Strong attention to detail, and a capacity to follow procedures
- Excellent long-term career growth potential in a company that promotes heavily from within
- Competitive compensation structure
- Privately owned, stable company
- Values based organization with an excellent reputation and long-term focus
- Excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
Why Work with Us:
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.