The Agfa-Gevaert Group develops, produces and distributes an extensive range of analog and digital imaging systems and IT solutions, mainly for the printing industry and the healthcare sector, as well as for specific industrial applications.Job description:
Agfa HealthCare, a member of the Agfa-Gevaert Group, is a leading global provider of diagnostic imaging and healthcare IT solutions. The company has nearly a century of healthcare experience and has been a pioneer on the healthcare IT market since the early 1990's. Today, Agfa HealthCare designs, develops and delivers state-of-the-art systems for capturing, managing and processing diagnostic images and clinical/administrative information for hospitals and healthcare facilities, as well as contrast media solutions to enable effective medical imaging results. The company has sales offices and agents in over 100 markets worldwide.
Agfa HealthCare Corporation has an exciting opportunity for an Customer Support Engineer - Government
The main focus of this role is to provide expert on-site and remote support for multiple Agfa software products on mission critical products and systems in the healthcare environment. Support provided is a problem solving approach with a blend of customer service, technical expertise and the understanding of the customer’s system expectations.
The incumbent is considered a global subject-matter expert and can independently combine strong technical skills relevant to the focus areas, advanced communication skills and strong knowledge of production processes to facilitate highly complex customer issues. In order to succeed, the incumbent derives a strong motivation from facilitation of long-term improvements of a broad scope. Ability to work outside normal hours.
This position may be based out of the following location(s) and surrounding area:
San Antonio, Texas
- Installation, remedial and preventive maintenance of Agfa and other OEM products trained on.
- Review of basic equipment operational function with the customer to meet training obligations during installations.
- Perform system administration as required.
- Provides immediate response and prompt resolution to hardware and software problems to ensure customer uptime and satisfaction.
- Develops solutions for technical problems by interfacing with hospital systems IT systems administrators, end user personnel and outside vendors and support teams.
- Insures maximum uptime, performance and efficiency of all Agfa systems.
- Installs software, hardware and executes performance analysis as needed.
- Defines problems, verifies defects in system, then applies fix, circumvention, or other probable reconciliatory techniques.
- Escalations: Initiate and follow all issues escalation processes and to keep the customer and management informed as to the status of the escalation.
- Document all service activities on a daily basis and maintains customer issues lists.
- Negotiate satisfactory resolution to end-users at multiple levels (technicians, radiologists, physicists, and all levels of management).
- Develop a close working relationship with the customer to provide assistance and guidance towards developing an action plan for additional AGFA sales (Service Maintenance Agreements, Upgrades, Professional Services, or new equipment
- Bachelors Degree in a technology field or an equivalent combination of education and relevant healthcare IT experience. MCSE, Network + and CIIP Certifications are also a plus.
- Five or more years previous work experience in a technical customer support role working with mission critical IT systems. PACS, RIS, HIS, and EMR experience is highly desired. Experiences with electronic and electromechanical systems are also required.
- Good working knowledge of networking and operating systems (UNIX and Windows), databases (Oracle and SQL), remote connectivity, security and digital medical image processing.
- Previous knowledge of Agfa software or similar industry PACS, HIS, RIS or EMR products, hospital workflow and a demonstrated capability to learn cutting edge new technologies.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office, Lotus Notes and Internet based knowledge management systems.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience adapting to change and managing priorities.
- Strong customer service skills in interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Previous experience working in a global environment (networking and building relationships with individuals in remote locations and virtual teams).
- Excellent understanding of the technical services business, product launch process and healthcare environment.
- Experience with and understanding of HL7 and DICOM.
- Must be eligible to apply for customer initiated security clearances such as the US National Agency Check (NAC).
We offer a rewarding career in a field that impacts lives, the opportunity to work with a talented and committed team of individuals, training and career development programs, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you want to be part of this experience, we'll take you there!
Agfa HealthCare Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.