In search of a full-time, mid-level (minimum three to five years of experience) editor/writer (with a heavy emphasis on editing). The candidate will be supporting the Office of Communications at a leading government agency. The successful candidate will report for duty on-site at the U.S. Department of Energy Headquarters (James Forrestal Building), conveniently located near the L’Enfant Plaza and Smithsonian Metro Stations in Washington, DC.
The candidate will have time to work alongside current Energy Information Administration (EIA) staff to become familiar with agency styles, report content and timing, authors, and procedures. Before final selection, the candidate’sediting competency will be evaluated using government agency editing tests. JBS provides only the highest-quality service and products to our clients.
- Excellent English grammar and punctuation and experienced with editing best practices and other writing style manuals like The Chicago Manual of
- Apply the agency’s Editorial Style Guide to all materials, which may include technical publications, online content, social media posts, videos, presentations, and other products.
- Experience with plain language best practices. We need an editor who will be comfortable applying plain language principles to technical
- Responsive, flexible, and The candidate would be a full-time employee of a government contractor and work onsite at the government facility in Washington, DC. Editing requests may require quick turnarounds, we need to be able to rely on this editor to complete the work to the highest standards consistently using the agency Editorial Style Guide.
- Excellent interpersonal The candidate needs to work effectively with federal staff writers and other contractor personnel.
- Confident in your editorial The editor must have the ability to work with seasoned professionals, but the editor should also be confident in their own editing and writing skills.
- The editor must be able to balance multiple editing assignments and should be able to meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to establish consistency across technical writing, provide suggestions that tighten the wording of sentences, and suggest edits that are consistent across all
- The selected editor must be able to perform as an editor, proofreader, and occasional author of original content.
- A morning The candidate will need to provide early morning coverage for our daily publication(s).
- Experience or familiarity with energy-related content would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, such as English or Journalism or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years-experience working as an editor for the federal government or federal government contracting preferred.
- Position requires successful completion of a background investigation.
Work Location: Washington, DC (full time, onsite). This is not a telework position.
JBS International is a management services, communications, and technology solutions firm. JBS works with Federal and state agencies and their stakeholders and constituents to solve complex, mission-driven challenges. Our subject matter and technology experts apply innovative, nimble, and cost-conscious approaches. JBS’s 30+ years of success and many repeat clients are a testament to the firm’s agility to act on evolving needs and implement strategic changes. JBS ranked in the top 50 Washington Business Journal’s list of Government Technology Contractors for 2018.
JBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) employer-matched contributions
- Paid time off for Federal holidays, personal vacation, and sick leave
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage plans
- Flexible Spending
- Professional Development Programs & Tuition Reimbursement
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit cover letter, resume, three references, and salary history. Documents must be uploaded as ONE file. If you have technical difficulty, please email email@example.comHelp.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran