CORPORATE VISION STATEMENT : To be and become known as the best in our industry.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES : The Technical Training & Development Specialist will partner with key team members across the organization to lead the skills development and technical training that supports the growth of Our Company. Technical training includes, but is not limited to, training on IP based technologies, Cloud Services products, data analysis and virtualization. This role exists to develop initiatives and training programs to raise the overall baseline of technical skill and utilization across the company. The person in this role will interact with team members across the spectrum of technical departments and must demonstrate strong expertise in these areas.
The Development Specialist will have a key role in employee skills development and be heavily involved in the creation and oversight of career development programs that include technical skills development while staying current with technologies relevant to our company and technology trends. Writing and creating online courses and delivering content through in-person meetings or training events are key to the role.
- Actively engaged as an employee advocate and fully committed to supporting our strategic vision to be and become known as the BEST in our industry(s) through:
- Putting our customer at the center of everything we do
- A relentless passion to be the best
- Being competitive, bold, innovative and adding value
- An ownership mentality, behavior, and accountability
- An unyielding commitment to quality
- Respect for our internal and external customers
- Continuous improvement
- Being resourceful, productive and efficient
- Maximum dedication and effort with high energy, enthusiasm, and urgency
- Serves as an expert in core technologies
- Delivers information and provides training experiences that increase the technical knowledge of new and experienced team members in our Cloud, Home Services, Business Solutions teams, and other departments
- Writes training content and assessments for instructor-led and web-based learning that targets identified organizational learning needs through multiple delivery channels including in-person and online options.
- Responsible for onboarding training activities and career progression activities that enhance technical skills and knowledge across the organization
- Assess the impact and overall effectiveness of training facilitation and adjusts content as necessary to produce maximum results for learners
- Builds rapport with members of the technical and sales channels and maintains effective relationships with co-workers and class participants
- Assist others in organizing and interpreting data
- Demonstrate a learner mindset and adaptability to a changing environment
- Travel up to 30%
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of experience required. Technical or Business-related degree preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Proven understanding of networking, routing and switching required. Experience with IP networks, fiber optics, LAN/WAN, MPLS, TCP/IP, and WiFi, are desired.
- Experience with SQL or Excel data visualization desired.
- Understanding of a corporate WAN topology is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver thorough knowledge of a technical product or service.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring or training on technical processes is desired.
- Proven to be self-motivated, resourceful, organized, and able to be involved in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience independently overseeing, creating, and/or managing projects.
- Experience in interfacing and training an audience at varying levels is desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills, required.
- A professional appearance and demeanor along with strong presentation skills are required.
- Technical certifications such as CCNA/P, AWS, Azure, IPEP, A+, SQL certifications, etc are desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.