Sr. Technical Program Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
- Job Category
- Sparks, Nevada
- Req. ID
- Job Type
High volume battery manufacturing is at the heart of Tesla’s business, and the battery pack is at the heart of Tesla’s technology. We are looking for a highly motivated technical program manager who will take battery pack programs from product design to factory operation.
The role requires a highly organized mindset, a passion for launching new technologies, and an unparalleled ability to pull people together to make things happen. Our manufacturing processes AND program schedules push the limits of what is physically possible. This requires you to be extremely detail oriented and drive the cross-functional teams to execute quickly at high quality. You will drive collaboration between Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and Production to ensure our team’s goals are aligned with company priorities. You will work to understand the opportunities, challenges, and dependencies of each project, translate scattered information into a concise and complete message, and communicate to every team member. You will aim to make our team efficient and effective while reducing ambiguity from Tesla’s plans.
Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment, so being self‐motivated and disciplined is critical. Managing the schedules, budget, and resources of projects at Tesla requires an individual who is passionate about our mission, has a bias for action, and is focused on collaborative solutions.
- Manage the cross-functional team to ensure successful launches of new manufacturing lines in all Tesla location Reno, Shanghai, Berlin, etc.
- Collaborate with global teams to develop novel and complex automation equipment
- Accountable for creating, maintaining & communicating schedules & plans for battery manufacturing projects including process development, process validation, line design, equipment fabrication, FAT, shipping, SAT, SOP etc.
- Prepare roll-up information for senior leadership
- Coordinate build milestones with Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities team, and Production team
- Track equipment readiness & report effectively on status, blockers & changes
- Track project costs & drive cost management improvement
- Develop & maintain effective communication channels to all stakeholders
- Provide technical leadership and project management skills to identify creative & timely solutions to key program challenges
- Identify team priorities & motivate the project team to complete critical tasks
- Drive action with internal & cross-functional teams to complete projects within time & resource constraints
- B.S. in Engineering, M.S preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Can communicate with technical and non-technical team members effectively
- Works well under pressure and can manage conflicting priorities
- Experience in Production/Manufacturing environment
- Experience in new product introduction
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage large teams
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- Min. 4-5 yrs. Experience in a mix of engineering and Project Management fields
- Experience in both design and manufacturing is preferred
- Experience with automation is a preferred
- Experience with high volume manufacturing is a plus
- Experience with adhesive dispense processes is a plus
- Experience with thermal manufacturing processes is a plus
- Experience with surface treatment manufacturing processes is a plus
* * * * * * * *
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts