Technical Program Manager
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Technical Program Manager
As a Technical Program Manager, you will partner with Product Management to understand business and product needs, translate those needs to engineering requirements, and collaborate with all impacted teams and external partners to ensure a successful launch of the product or feature. The right person for this role is proficient in both technology and the language of product, marketing, and advertising. You will need to move and adapt quickly as needs change. You are encouraged to always maintain a pulse on development progress and manage the inevitable change over the lifecycle of a project so that deadlines are met with excellent products and happy team members. If you are someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, jumps at the opportunity to work on impactful and complex problems, and constantly seeks out new challenges, then this is a great role for you!
- Own execution roadmaps for upcoming mobile and web features and products, driving roadmap, specifications, and delivery
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers Roadmap and identify the necessary investments to support this roadmap
- Partner with engineering, product and design to translate specifications to requirements to comprehensive execution plans
- Scope projects into manageable chunks that enable us to quickly and efficiently release iterative products
- Own the Scrum/Agile process- including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and backlog grooming. Manage two Scrum teams
- Work with multiple engineering teams to track progress for large initiatives related to your projects in a manner easily consumable by all partners
- Understand the fundamentals of the client's business and their interplay with development priorities to reduce delay in discussions among interested parties
- Work with program and product leads to author detailed reports for program status, schedules, task assignments, risks
- Investigate, track and resolve open issues for any given project through clear communication with a wide array of partners
- Participate in and lead investigations to understand, mitigate, and prevent quality issues
- Identify inefficiencies in the processes, and drive better, more efficient processes where needed for projects to be delivered optimally and on time.
- 3+ years of experience in software program management
- Ability to measure results using data and analytics
- Experience in shipping multiple features or products simultaneously
- Experience in Agile software development
- Solid understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
- Ability to actively identify dependencies/risks and work with engineering counterparts to mitigate these
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, written and verbal