FirstPRO is hiring a Project Engineer/Manager to join a Global Processing OEM located in the greater Philadelphia. This individual will report to the Director of Technical Service & Projects and provide technical support on equipment modification and application based on customer specifications; S/He will work closely with customers, sales team, engineers, production and oversea factories to define customer inputs and specifications, further develop feasible solutions for all stakeholders. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity with lucrative base salary, bonus and competitive benefit! In addition, the opportunity provides a positive career advancement path, company would like to develop this individual to become the Manager of Capital Projects in the near future!
- Report to Director of Technical Serivce & Projects to support sales, OEM Projects, production and factories on processing equipment projects from start to finish.
- Travel to customer sites with Sales Managers to collect customer inputs on product size, film, plant-layout, equipment speed, production output, and other specification.
- Collaborate with Project Management team and Engineering team to study project feasibility, timeline and budget; evaluate customer’s needs and estimate cost, labor, materials and scope.
- Determine if further equipment modifications are needed based on customer specification, collaborate with oversee factories, production, management team to seek best solutions for customers.
- Using Solidworks and Autocad to modify, edit and create drawings on processing equipment, interpret mechanical drawing and electrical schematic and communicate effectively with sales team and customers regarding engineering restraint and bottleneck.
- Conduct product sample testing on processing equipment, document testing result and provide recommendation such as modification, adjustment, spare parts, etc.
- Define BOM and collaborate suppliers on contract fabrication projects, parts supplies, and other related service to customer capital projects.
- Provide technical approval on each project regarding equipment model, spare parts, modifications and other related technical info prior quotation.
- Support manufacturing process on processing equipment, monitor production progress and compliance of quality and specification; support equipment installation and commissioning, collaborate with PM, spare parts and field service team thorough the life cycle of capital project.
- Provide remote technical support or travel to customer site for OEM project installation, commissioning, services and upgrades.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferable in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineer.
- Proficient in Autocad and Solidworks, exposure to 3D Design and modeling.
- 5+ years of recent work experience as an Application Engineer, Project Engineer, Technical Project Manager for OEM Industry.
- Experience in project management, technical support on mid to large-size capital equipment ranges from $80k to $5M desired.
- Outside of box thinker, creative in engineering and modification.
- Excellent communication skills, able to translate engineering issue, restraint and bottleneck effectively to non-engineering customers.
- Strong in problem solving and analytical skills, able to foresee different scenarios to reduce risk ratios.
- Open to travel up to 30%, domestically and internationally.
- Able to pass drug screen, background check and references check.
Compensation and Benefit:
- 65k to 80K base salary
- Annual bonus
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental and Vision
- PTO, Personal/Sick and Paid Holidays
- 401K with Match
- Company paid life insurance
- Long-term/short-term disability