Technical Project Engineer - Software & Controls Design
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Serve as an embedded software controls engineer for agricultural machinery. This involves developing requirements and detailed software design.
Summary of Duties:
- Create Software Detailed Design Specifications and Interface Control Specifications.
- Create testing scenarios with test engineers.
- Creation of plant model for Hardware in the Loop (HIL) simulator.
- Review and approve test results from Software engineers and test engineers.
- Validate the integration of internal and external supplier's components into harvesting equipment.
- In areas of design responsibility: lead software code reviews, specification design reviews, risk analysis, and system FMEAs.
- Specify required sensors and or develop sensors with internal and external suppliers
- Interface to the electrical and mechanical design teams to define required interfaces.
Functional Knowledge Required:
- Knowledgeable about harvesting machinery.
- Experience with developing real-time embedded machine controls using Matlab & Simulink.
- Experience in writing embedded software using C and C++.
- Experience with Object Oriented software development.
- Experience with defining software and hardware interfaces.
- In depth knowledge of J1939 CAN communications
- Experience in a structured development environment.
- Experience using a version control system, for example SVN.
- UML and Automated code generation tools
- ISO11783 CAN communication protocol.
- Experience with Labview/Veristand.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to convey requirements, root cause analysis, new strategies, processes/approaches to a variety of internal or external audiences
- Ability to address and resolve issues in an objective, fact-based, professional fashion
- Ability to inspire confidence in project sponsors, owners and participants
- Motivated self starter who can relate well to a diverse multidiscipline development team
- Able to travel domestically and internationally for supporting development of equipment.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Agricultural Engineering
- 3-7 years experience in development of real-time embedded control systems using Matlab/Simulink modeling tools.
- 2 years' concurrent experience in development on off road or agricultural equipment
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.