This position supports the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) SSD program. The Karsun team is responsible for the development, maintenance, and enhancement (DM&E) and operation of multiple FAA Systems. All employees must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust. The FAA SSD program supports the operations of multiple business applications, as well as development of new applications across different technologies. The Karsun software development team is responsible for the software design and implementation of web applications supporting multiple Business Lines within FAA. Successful candidates are modern web development specialists experienced in translating business requirements into software architecture. In addition to strong software development skills, ideal candidates have demonstrated experience in working on an Agile Scrum team.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for planning and execution of the full project lifecycle from definition to close out. This includes responsibility for development of plans and schedules to meet the customer's requirements, tracking project budgets and actual costs, providing guidance to the project team and interacting directly with the customer, product owners and contributors, managers and users for these projects. Management of development projects utilizing the iterative (Agile) and waterfall development methodologies; project planning, risk assessment, resource management, and estimating and monitoring cost; identifying cost, schedule, quality and performance impacts; organizing, planning and prioritizing team work tasks; communicating and collaborating across organizational boundaries; assessing customer requirements, identifying dependencies and gaps, and developing responsive project plans. Performance planning and assessments for direct reports.
NOTE : Contingent upon Approved Public Trust Clearence
- 8 years of experience leading diverse technical teams, while serving as the primary point of contact for all technical matters.
- 5 years of experience managing both development projects and ongoing sustainment efforts that are evolving to use different systems software or technologies.
- Experience facilitating reviews with government customers to validate requirements, prioritize program backlog requirements into sprint backlogs, validate design allocation, (i.e. TBD, validate developed system iteratively, i.e. sprint reviews).
- Experience managing budgets, plans, teams and complex time-sensitive deliverables and deadlines.
- Track record of leading, thinking strategically, innovating, acting with integrity and exceeding client expectations.
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and communication abilities
- Experience in Federal Acquisition or Financial applications
- Professional level Agile certification is highly desired
- Knowledge or experience as a Scrum Master (Scrum Master Certification is a plus)
- Ability to shift between waterfall, agile, and DevOps methodologies and combine/tailor multiple approaches to meet project needs
- Experience working with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Support requirements analysis to develop LOE for requirements provided by the customer
- Having worked at FAA in the past is a plus
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Math, or Science and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information