Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Technical Projects Buyer positions with a global leader in power and automation technologies. Our client’s main focus of the Industrial Automation division is to provide customers with products and solutions for instrumentation, automation and optimization of industrial processes. Industries served include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. The company operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
As a Technical Projects Buyer, you will be instrumental in ensuring compliance to Company Directives as well as maintaining legal compliance within licensing requirements. Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand and support software licensing compliance.
- Maintain Sharepoint with current licensing and hardware requirements for IAPI.
- Purchase order placement and complete follow through until paid (expediting, invoice reconciliation, order resolutions).
- Accounts payable resolution including receipts investigation.
- Metrics (including dashboard) and supplier development including but not limited to delivery, quality, acknowledgements, and cost savings.
- Perform root cause analysis and provide reporting and tracking on findings.
- Prepare reports and facilitate weekly project status meeting, action taken each week from meeting discussions.
- Logistics and import/export support including an understanding of incoterms.
- Process improvements and standardization.
- Execution of SCM processes and group directives while supporting the project team.
- Review and Order (SAP) all hardware on logged project.
- Work within team environment.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and coordinates with all responsible functions to achieve the desired cost results.
- Stay current on all internal training and any project (hardware/software) training.
- Support of Company Safety team.
- Assist with project coordination/administration responsibilities.
- All other supply management duties as required for the business unit.
Location: Westerville, OH
Salary: $58-$62K + Depending on Experience
Benefits: Our client offers Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401K with 100% match on first 3%, Retirement Savings Plan Annual Employee Contribution (formally Pension Plan), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid vacation, and much more. The company Total Health Program is a core benefit offering a variety of programs to enhance your health and well-being. It includes a 24-hour NurseLine service; ActiveHealth Management, a program for those diagnosed with certain chronic conditions; wellness programs, such as Quit for Life™, a quit tobacco program, an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), and lifestyle health coaching programs available to all employees.
Basic Position Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED and 4 years of supply chain, or software, or buying experience; OR
- Associates Degree and 2 years of supply chain, or software, or buying experience; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Preferred Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of software licensing buying/purchasing experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Share Point.
- Leadership skills including effective verbal and written skills.
- Independent analysis/decision-making capabilities.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to rapidly respond to unforeseen developments and initiate actions to reduce adverse impact to our end customers.
- Able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in SAP systems.
- Contract knowledge a plus.