Evoqua has the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. Our innovative products have been solving the world’s water problems for more than 100 years. Today, we are building on that strong history of success – transforming water for our customers enriching the lives of consumers.
Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and services helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and equips the leisure and commercial industries to maximize productivity and profitability. Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help meet their needs for clean water.
What does it mean to work here. . .
Our Mindset: We put customers first. We know we succeed only when our customers succeed. To that end, we make decisions at lowest possible levels, at fastest possible speeds – freeing employees to respond to customers quickly and effectively without sacrificing safety or quality.
Our organization: We work as “One Evoqua”. We collaborate across our global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter how remarkable they are. We are one team.
Our People: We hire for brains and heart. We are industry experts who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. We value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business insight and people smarts. We nurture both the hard and soft skills of our talent.
Our Leadership: We lead from where we are. We take ownership. We lead from all levels. We value the opportunity to grow, as a business and as people. We hold each other accountable to make the right things happen for maximum performance.
Our promise: Grow with the Best. We grow with the best. We are on the move. As the world’s first choice for water solutions, our workplace will continue to evolve and expand, and so will the opportunities. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people. Immerse yourself . . . in Evoqua.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
Evoqua Water Technologies LLC is currently seeking a Technical Sales Engineer (TSE) who is charged with building relationships with the Evoqua Representatives, Consulting Engineers and End Users to maximize Evoqua’s presence and credibility within the Orbal® product line. The TSE is responsible for developing the solution for a given project from the initial design, through project iterations, developing the bidding strategy, and staying with the project until turned over to Order Execution.
The Wastewater Technologies Division in the Municipal Segment partners with rep organizations throughout the region who represent Evoqua wastewater equipment and technologies, including: clarification, separation, digestion, biological processes, odor control, filtration, field erect treatment plants and others. This position is specific for the Orbal products of Evoqua Water Technologies.
Core Responsibilities and Tasks
- Build relationships with consulting engineers, contractors and owners.
- Maintain and manage all project opportunities in CRM System. Maintain pipeline accuracy.
- Analyze the pipeline to identify the key projects in your region., The TSE is responsible for regular calls, meeting summaries, driving the completion of all action items, and driving a strategy into the bidding of the project.
- Become the point of contact with the Representative for any projects involving the technology assigned to the TSE.
Technical & Value Based Selling/ Bidding
- Responsible for the technical solution development following adequate discovery. Prepare budgetary proposal and pricing for project. Develop a competitive strategy at this initial project stage. Design the technology assigned from the basic design through complex applications. Prepare designs, proposals and provide a solution to the customer. Complete working knowledge of the technology design and operation is required.
- Pre-Bid Plan and Specification (and bid form) review.
- Maintain tools for the product including the design spreadsheet, product specifications, drawings, pricing and existing automation tools.
- Prepare detailed specifications and drawings for projects entering final design. Discuss design details with Customer, Technical Sales Manager or Rep, as needed, to qualify our design and assist in the customer solution. Prepare all responses for Plan and Specification reviews prior to bidding at the request of the Engineer or Owner.
- Prepare final commercial proposal, estimate the product bid price and review the previous scope and pricing to assist in the final pricing strategy.
- Support and be the point of contact for the transition from bid to Order Execution (OE) for each project won.
- Conducts product equipment inspections.
- Typically manages independent Manufacturers’ Representatives.
Planning & reporting
- Build a plan for customer visits, upcoming bids, pipeline, bookings against target, etc.
- Participate in an annual strategy session that sets the targets for the product, develops sales strategy by region, decides actions required for growth and outlines the timing.
- Report monthly to the Technical Sales Manager for all sales metrics, including the strategic actions, and Sales KPI’s
- Proactively develop a plan for regions with the greatest drivers for the technology assigned. Promote the technology in a region through technical workshops, trade show papers, operator shows, brown bag seminars, Rep training, Webinars, etc.
Complexity and Customer Engagement
- TSE is expected to work mostly on single product lines within their assigned product lines.
- Significant knowledge of other products – other than the core product - within the assigned product lines is expected
- A balance between bidding/proposal writing and customer facing time is expected
- FORMAL EDUCATION: An engineering degree in Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required. Direct work experience in the municipal wastewater market may be substituted for the engineering degree if sufficient in length and exposure to the market.
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment systems and technologies
- Ability to become a technology expert in 2-3 core technologies
- 3-5 years of related experience is preferred
- Highly organized and responsive
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers
- Demonstrates knowledge of sales concepts and practices, product line sales management, channel partner management and customer requirements and needs
Key Working Relationships: Application Engineering, Operations and multiple channel partners including Reps, Agents, contractors, consulting engineers, and end users.
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.