APPLICATIONS ENGINEER - NETWORK TECHNOLOGY
Responsibilities include extensive technical support and training to a large established base of professional Audio / Video resellers and installers. This position will focus primarily on supporting network related technologies, as well as AV Streaming and Control products that leverage network technology. Open to recent graduates with 1+ years network support experience.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electronics Technology or equivalent experience in the audio visual / video or IT industry.
- Knowledge of lower layer technologies, IP routing, switching and network Engineering and design.
- In depth knowledge of the OSI Model.
- Experience with Unix and Windows systems administration.
- Experience in implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting streaming media systems.
- Experience with network analysis tools and network management technologies.
- Knowledge of video and audio encoding/decoding, compression technology and experience with internet related technologies. (not mandatory)
- Knowledge of network protocols HTTP/s, SFTP, SNMP, SSH, Telnet.
- Knowledge of encryption protocols SSL, TLS.
- Knowledge of streaming media protocols (RTP/RTSP/RTCP, HTTP, RTMP.IGMP).
- Knowledge of Flash Media Server, Wowza Media Server, Windows Media Server, Smooth Streaming, HTTP streaming is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
- Some travel req.
Please email resume to email@example.com