Do you enjoy getting to know the ins-and-outs of a software product? Do you like showing others how to do things? Are you good at coming up with innovative solutions and thinking out-of-the-box?
Mindwrap, a leading provider of cross-platform document management and workflow systems for Macintosh and Windows, is seeking a talented technical individual for our customer support group in Warrenton, Virginia.
We need a customer-focused technical person with great communications and superior personal skills that has the ability and desire to solve problems. We have a low volume of inward bound cases which allows us to focus on quality rather than quantity of support. This allows our support team to focus beyond the narrow how-to or troubleshooting question and engage with customers to provide both short-term resolution and long-term value through education, technical guidance, and expertise. You will work closely with the development, implementation, and sales teams: as an advocate for customers, providing input to product management decisions, and for customer development.
- Support of our customers from answering how-to questions to troubleshooting issues via phone, email, and web
- Using your technical expertise, knowledge base, and tools to address customer issues
- Taking ownership of open issues and guiding the customer to a satisfactory resolution through troubleshooting, coordination and escalation within our organization, all the while maintaining clear communication with the customer and managing expectations
- Recording and tracking cases and meeting service goals for response and resolution times
- Creating customer satisfaction through responsiveness, positive attitude, engagement, and dedication
- The ability to see the big picture and proactively recommend solutions and anticipate problems
- Creation of content for support web sites, knowledge bases, and customer newsletters
- Software quality assurance testing
- Some shift work (until 8PM) to provide support coverage
- Assisting the implementation team with staging, training, and development
- A good understanding of basic software, database, operating system, and network concepts
- Knowledge of either Windows or Macintosh desktop environments
- Exposure to command line environments such as Linux or UNIX
- Knowledge of SQL to perform queries and perform simple manipulations of data
- Knowledge of one scripting or programming language to automate tasks
- The ability and desire to learn new material including complex software and basic system and database administration tasks
- The ability to grasp business processes and applications and apply our software to provide reasonable and valuable solutions to customer needs
- Troubleshooting skills to determine and differentiate issues caused by end-users, environment, or software
The ideal candidate would be: personable and dedicated, familiar with basic customer support functions (recording and tracking cases, SLAs, etc.), have knowledge of both the Windows and Macintosh desktops, have experience with enterprise or complex software such as document management, content management, ERP or CRM systems, have experience with system administration, and have some knowledge of database products including the SQL language.
This position requires intermediate technical skills, past professional experience and/or equivalent education (degree and some IT experience preferred), and the desire to work and learn in a dynamic technical environment to solve our commercial customers' real-world needs.