The Technical Writer translates the manufacturing and administrative processes typical to an Aerospace manufacturing and repair facility into written operating/training documents, gathers and manages technical performance data and supports the technical document archive and release process. The Technical Writer will work closely with the production, engineering and quality teams to understand processes, gather information and create the written operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with technicians, engineering, quality and management to gather information on processes and produce written procedures following a standard philosophy and template.
- Interpret engineering drawings and documentation
- Other duties as directed by company management
Associates degree in Electronics Technology, communications or English with 2-4 years practice of relevant technical and writing skills preferred. Non-technical degree and 3-5 years of relevant technical & writing skills practiced in a manufacturing or industrial setting considered.
- Able to quickly grasp technical concepts and make them easily understandable with text and photographs
- Work independently and within teams
- Strong aptitude for assembly, brazing, welding and testing processes acquired in previous hands-on positions
- Excellent writing skills and the verbal communication skills to effectively and proactively collaborate with others
- Effectively manage multiple projects and multiple priorities
- Highly proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office; particularly Word and Excel
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled