Location: Jackson, MI
General job duties include facilitating the development of standards such as procedures, guidelines, and job aids. Technical Writers will work directly with subject matter experts, end users, and other staff members to draft documentation and facilitate the review and approval process for these standards. All document work and project tracking is done through SharePoint, so experience with SharePoint or other systems to check out/in working files is preferred.
Technical Writers apply our standard templates and methodology to facilitate creation and vetting of standards. Must be able to meet deadlines, work on multiple documents at the same time, and apply corporate quality processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent technical research and organizational skills
- A positive attitude and the ability to interact with a diverse audience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Word
- Experience with SharePoint
- Bachelor degree in Technical Communication, Professional Writing, or Technical Writing and two years of experience; or at least five years of equivalent experience.
- Project Documentation
- Quality Processes
- Excellent Written And Verbal Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Research
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)