Technical Writer II - Engineering
DoD Experience Required
Please note that this is NOT an IT position. We’re looking for candidates who have experience creating documents related to assembly, maintenance and manufacturing. Candidates should have experience creating “engineering centric” documents and literature.
This is a direct-hire position & offers full benefits, job stability, and growth potential. Relocation assistance may be provided if necessary. A current clearance is NOT a requirement, but candidates must have the ABILITY to get one. In other words, only US Citizens will be considered.
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CLOSELY
IMPORTANT - If interested and qualified, please send me your Word formatted resume and answers to the questions posed at the end of our posting.
The Technical Writer II is responsible for the research, writing, development, publishing, and overall management of technical publication products. All documents are related to the installation, operation, and maintenance of Company software, electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other products.
- Primarily responsible for managing, developing and publishing documentation deliverables
- Writes technical documents including but not limited to: Operator Manuals and Procedures, Training Manuals, Maintenance Manuals, Technical Service Bulletins, Software User Manuals, Installation
Instructions, Overhaul and Repair Instructions, Parts and Provisioning Documentation, Logistics Management Information and Engineering Documentation in accordance with customer specifications and requirements
- Primarily responsible for a defined portion of large technical writing projects and/or full responsibility for smaller projects
- Independently evaluates project requirements, generates accurate cost estimates and schedules Works under minimal supervision and oversight
- Resident Subject Matter Expert in the development and delivery of technical documentation
- Delivers oral and written status and progress briefs to supervisor, technical management, program management, executive management and customer management as directed
- Proficiency in use and interpretation of MIL‐PRF‐29612, MIL‐STD‐38784, and MIL‐STD40051‐2
- Experience in the design and development of DoD technical publications and Logistics products
- Must have strong organization and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask and create, maintain and manage multiple project objectives according to deadlines
- Previous experience creating technical documents for assembly, manufacturing and maintenance
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and system specifications
- Proficient in the development of both conventional and interactive electronic technical publications
- Proficient in a range of Microsoft products (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Visio, FrontPage, and Project), CAD and graphic tools
- Knowledgeable in DTD, HTML, SGML, XML, project management processes
- Proficient in application of TRADOC Standard 350‐70
- Ability to understand complex engineering designs and engineering principles such as hydraulics, mechanics and electronics to independently write system/equipment documentation
IMPORTANT - IF INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED PLEASE ANSWER THE BELOW QUESTIONS
- Why are you looking for a new position?
- What are you currently (or most currently) earning?
- What are you salary requirements in order to make a move? (a ballpark range is fine)
- Are you open to commuting to theHerndon / Dulles area? If not, are you able to relocate?
- If you need to relocate - How soon can you (realistically) do so? (IE: home to sell, children in school, spouse who works, etc?)
- Are you a US Citizen?
- Do you possess experience creating documents geared toward engineering, industrial or manufacturing?
Please send your Word .doc formatted resume and answers to the above questions to:
Your resume will be held with strict confidence and will NEVER be forwarded to any of our clients without your permission.
If you are NOT interested or unqualified, please send us a referral. This is an immediate and urgent need for our valued client and therefore, we are offering a $1000.00 refer-a-friend fee to anyone who leads us to a candidate who is hired for this position.
HireSource recruiters are dedicated to working with the finest technical professionals throughout the country. We know the market. We know the hiring managers. We have the knowledge, resources, and contacts to make your search more complete and efficient. Whether you are looking for more opportunity, a shorter commute, better benefits, or a higher salary, we’re the best chance there is to uncovering that position you never even knew was available.