Contract-to-Permanent Technical Writer, initially 6 months, part-time, with potential for full-time work.
Motio, Inc. is a Plano-based software company that provides products and services in the business analytics field. We are expanding our technical publications capabilities by hiring a contract part-time technical writer to help with documenting our products and improving all related technical communications.
- Under the direction of the Technical Publications Manager, work with our product team, QA, and other subject matter experts to author and maintain documentation of our products, services, and business processes.
- Edit draft content and some published content.
- Maintain consistency across products and documents.
- Work well in a team-oriented, agile environment
- Solid grasp of English grammar, spelling, and copy editing
- Technical aptitude and the ability and desire to learn new things
- Attention to detail
- An Undergraduate degree or higher in a related field is preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience in technical writing
- Knowledge of and experience using DITA is a big plus
- Knowledge of IBM Cognos or other business analytics platforms is a big plus
- Knowledge of and experience in UX is a big plus
- Knowledge of XML is a plus
- Some experience with relational database management systems
- Some programming experience is a plus
To apply, submit updated resume and at least two recent, published writing samples, along with clarifying information regarding:
- Your role in producing the documentation
- Which areas were written entirely by you, and which were collaborative
- What tools you used when creating the documentation