Position : Technical Writer (Procedural)
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Lake Buena Vista FL 32830
Duration : 06+months
Description/Comment: Job Summary
The Technical Writer will provide innovative, quality, effective technical writing and training documentation, with a focus on the maintenance and safety of attractions and facilities. The ideal candidate will be responsible for writing safety procedures in support of critical safety programs and leveraging the ADDIE instructional design model to deliver appropriate traditional and technology solutions for training.
- Develop and sustain technical documentation for procedural and training based scenarios, using established formats, templates, styles and processes
- Use a self-directed approach to gathering content, interviewing Subject Matter Experts, writing deliverables, and coordinating approvals
- Partner with the training team to develop blended learning solutions that may take the forms of study and facilitator guides, job aids, video scripts, and more
- Create knowledge and performance assessments to assure learning objectives are met
- Demonstrate partnership, influence, professional expertise and collaboration
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a technical writer, preferably writing procedural documentation in a technical or safety environment.
- Ability to work in field environments, with the flexibility to work off shift hours to partner with SMEs and engineering on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office and adobe applications Ability to grasp engineering and technical content Bachelor’s degree Proven experience developing complex procedural documentation
- Ability to work independently & be resourceful in obtaining information
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a technical writer, preferably writing procedural documentation in a technical or safety environment.
- Required qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in technical writing or technical communications
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Thorough understanding of technical writing, with the ability to convert complex information into cohesive, consistent and compliant end user documentation
- Demonstrated capability to understand complex engineering concepts and maintenance processes
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including 2nd & 3rd shifts, to meet commitments and deadlines
- Skilled in project management, stakeholder management, and juggling competing priorities
- 7+ Years as a technical writer, preferably writing procedural documentation in a technical or safety environment.
- Proven knowledge of Amusement Industry equipment and systems, including rides, shows and attractions
- Working knowledge of eLearning and LMS tools
- Established track record in instructional design, curriculum development, and blended learning solution development
- As part of a larger project team, the writer will create and revise procedural step-by-step maintenance documentation and supporting training aids for attractions.
- This will involve conducting site visits and interviewing SMEs to gather technical content, writing procedures and facilitating standardization and compliance in accordance to established processes and practices.
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Education Bachelor's Degree