At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Technician (Laser)3to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
At the El Segundo Manufacturing Center (ESMC)we develop and build aircraft for multiple programs.We are seeking individuals to join our Tooling/Metrology organization in the specialty area of Computer-Aided Metrology.
- You will perform measurements on assembly and inspection tasks utilizing multiple types of computer aided measurement systems, (CAMS), and multiple CAD based software systems.
- Work with laser equipment and use build-it software to produce PowerPoint's and analyzation and/or data
- This position requires the ability to work any shift or schedule, as necessary. This is a 2nd shift position
- Candidate will also be required to work on Composite and/or Assembly Tooling tasks to include sanding, drilling, taping, sawing, painting, and setting of applicable tooling details.
- AA degree or 2 year technical degree with3 years of laser metrology experience;OR High School Diploma/ GED with 5 years of laser metrology experience
- Experience with Tool fabrication
- 3 years of experience in CAMS; including FARO-LEICA systems, articulated arms, scanners, and/or experience in CAD analysis of data collection.
- Experience in computer aided graphic interfaces such as Veriurf, Metrologic, Spatial Analyzer and Maya-Matrix.
- 5years of Structures and/or Composites experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.