I. General Description:
To perform administrative assistance and support for staff of the technology department, and to provide basic technology support and assistance for technology end-users in the district.
- Must possess a high school diploma.
- Must have two years experience as secretary or administrative assistant.
- Must be proficient with common software used in an office setting, such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and in the input and organization of data.
- Must be a skilled and proficient self-learner in the use of computers, Macintosh platform preferred.
- Must be a highly organized and efficient worker; must be able to communicate effectively.
III. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain inventories for equipment, software, and other department resources. Coordinates software licensing for the district; maintains a database of licensing by site.
- Assists staff with preparation of printed materials: copying, printing, binding, etc.
- Assists district and community with preparation of online materials: posting content with district CMS or other online resources, etc.
- Performs basic help-desk functions for technology users over the phone or through remote control of computes. Refers complex problems to other technology staff. Main point of contact for the Technology Department.
- Maintains central collection of technology forms and info sheets; furnishes to users as needed.
- Creates and maintains staff development calendar and attendance records. Schedules substitutes for pullout technology training.
- Uses online and dial-in resources to research repair and upgrade information with vendors and tech support departments. Coordinates warranty repairs with vendors and other tech staff.
- Assists schools and departments with obtaining pricing and availability of technology supplies and equipment. Coordinates all technology purchases with tech staff and district tech standards.
- Creates requisitions for Technology Department purchases; coordinates with purchasing and accounts payable.
- Maintains E-rate records; helps the Technology Director with submission of e-rate forms and compliance with E-rate requirements.
- Assists schools and departments with updates and change requests to district public sites and online media.
- Assists tech staff with data input changes, such as testing labels, student internet permissions and student accounts on servers, food services or special education database.
- Other duties as assigned.
29.5 hrs per week
All applicants must complete an online application, which requires at least 3 professional references and a copy of High School Diploma or equivalent.