Our Hartford office is expanding and we are looking to hire smart, hardworking and accomplished recruiting professionals to help continue our growth.
You are an experienced full desk technology recruiter (with 2+ years of experience) who will join a successful team of hardworking and fun professionals.
This position requires an uncommon balance of creativity, drive, strong interpersonal skills as well as savvy analytical skills. You will be required to think quickly on your feet and develop lasting relationships with candidates. You must have a proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment as well as the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently.
Describe My Day
There really won’t be a typical day here but we’ll try our best to describe what working at OST is like. Here are some things that may come up while working as a recruiter at OST:
· A new job just came out and the account manager needs 5 strong candidates by the end of the day. You’re on Linkedin sending inmails, reaching out to your network to ask for referrals or going on Monster to see who is currently active that may be a fit.
· You heard that Acme Company is hiring and open to using recruiters. You reach out the Director of HR on Linkedin and tell her why OST would be the right company for the job.
· You hear about a lunch meetup of industry professionals and as a market expert, go to provide your thoughts on the field.
· A client has reached out as their new role is not getting as many qualified candidates as they thought they would. They want to see if it’s potentially the salary they have assigned. You have to do some market research to see what the average compensation for the role is and whether the client’s chosen salary is on target.
· You just got told that your candidate got the job. You now get to call them and deliver the exciting new and start the offer/onboarding process!
Who You Are
· You have 2+ years of full-desk IT recruiting experience
· You consider yourself equally strong on both the sales and recruiting aspects of the role
· You are passionate about recruiting – you keep abreast of news and trends in the industry
· You are a highly ambitious individual who demonstrates a strong initiative and independent thinking
· You have strong writing and communication skills
What We Offer
· An excellent PTO plan
· A fun, engaged and community focused culture – we focus less on competition and more on ensuring everyone has the tools they need to be successful here.
· Fantastic compensation packages – competitive base salary and an aggressive/unlimited commission plan
· Access to mentors/upper management and one-on-one training to learn industry knowledge and recruiting tactics
· Eligible to enroll in Medical, and Dental insurance as well as Life and AD&D Insurance and 401k plan. There’s also an EAP offering!
· Professional recruiting environment with the opportunity for advancement – we promote from within