Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know that our future is built on positive results. As a Telecom Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the successful delivery of IT end-user telecommunications services. You will provide appropriate and timely customer support and prioritize issues based on business impact. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Review, analyze, and process invoices for telecommunications services including telephone, data, and wireless services; assist in the creation of departmental processes and workflows
- Interface with third-party Telecom Expense Management (TEM) system and vendor; manage TEM environment including ordering, customer support, vendor management, and procurement of equipment/services
- Monitor and respond to daily inquiries from internal customers and external vendors on cellular services questions
- Optimize telecommunication spending through audits, vendor rate plan changes, new technology opportunities, vendor changes, and disconnect of redundant services; seek, implement, and recommend cost-saving opportunities to management
- Place and track orders for new service, service failures, and service disconnects; resolve billing errors, discrepancies, and process applications for credits; support the Information Technology team’s implementation of new services or changes to existing offerings
- Determine and update charge string information for input into financial systems for vendor payment
- Stock, track, and coordinate IT equipment spare and loaner pool inventory and assignments; create reports to support asset and inventory management activities
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field
- 3 years of experience in IT, Procurement, or Telecommunications including: telephone lines (ISDN/PRI/POTS/DID/toll free/call center applications and line routing) provisioning and billing; working with telephone carriers and processes (CSR ordering/offerings/disconnects); understanding of mobile phone applications, carriers, and offerings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows applications
It’d be great if you also have:
- Working knowledge of Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLEC), Interexchange Carriers (IXC) and T1 technologies
- Basic understanding of phone systems (Avaya/Cisco) and IP networking
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines in a rapidly-changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy, optimize resources, and develop, recommend, and implement solutions; strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop insightful, value-added, and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results; produce unambiguous, comprehensive, and accurate interpretations
Be part of something big. #LI-ED1
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.