RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking multiple Telecom Electronics Technicians in Reston, Virginia (VA).
In this role you will provide ongoing infrastructure installation support for network systems LAN/WLAN upgrades in DoD Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF). Perform both physical installation and software configuration roles. This is a Full-Time telecommuting position that will require approx. 75% travel as needed. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions, and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for CAT6 UTP/STP, fiber-optic cable installation, termination and testing
- Perform installation of infrastructure support: cable trays, ladders, innerduct systems, cabinets, racks
- Perform as a member of the team to implement infrastructure support for network solutions
- Assist in the development of the site survey and installation data documentation packages
- Evaluate LAN/WLAN infrastructure designs to determine if customer requirements are met
- Assist with any and all onsite tasks as assigned by the Site Lead
- Ability to read, understand, and modify CAD Building Floor Plans and Network Systems drawings
- Ability to make sound technical decisions
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Familiar with U.S. Military Organizations
- Ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of individuals
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.