NTT DATA's Client is seeking a Telecom Specialist II with 3+ years of experience to provide telecommunication system support for basic to medium complexity solutions, including software administration, moves, adds and changes, and basic to medium complexity troubleshooting.
- Assisting in recommending improvements to enhance the technical capabilities of telecommunication systems and reduce operating costs.
- Assist in planning installations by studying customer orders, plans, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assist in assessing installation site; assist vendor in preparing an installation diagram.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configure diagrams and specifications.
- Maintains telecommunication systems by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing backup procedures; updating documentation.
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Assist in enhancing department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Serve as liaison between the business and vendors and coordinates specific service delivery
Education / Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 4 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience supporting large PBX and voice mail systems required.
- 2 years of experience supporting IVR Technology Preferred.
- 1 year of experience supporting Cisco UC desired.
- Strong experience with Nortel.
- Good working experience with Call Pilot.
- Call Center background preferred.
- Experience installing and supporting call accounting software platforms preferred.
- Resources must have current experience on Avaya Blue / Nortel experience please.
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.