Telecom Support Specialist
Be at the forefront of innovations in technology. Eclaro is looking for a Telecom Support Specialist for our client in Woodlands, TX.
Eclaro’s client has almost a century’s legacy of workplace innovation - delivering products, services, and solutions, improve quality of life, and drive sustainability. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Telecom Support Specialist focuses on the interaction between computer systems, communication methods, and devices for video, data, and voice communication systems. The individual in this role will assist with installation and maintenance of these systems, including their repair and testing. Further, the Telecom Support Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of complex technical and administrative tasks related to planning, implementing and maintaining Company's telephone, telecomm, call center and IP networking systems. This role will also provide oversight and technical direction to external technicians to ensure successful operation of telecommunications and network infrastructure between Client's locations, including the corporate offices, Warehouses and Stores.
- Responsible for configuration and troubleshooting of Telecommunication systems, including after-hours work when necessary
- Establish and maintain data and voice networks by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; performing preventive maintenance and updating documentation
- Responsible for assisting, coordinating and performing the company's telecommunications work which includes new set up, moves, additions, and changes
- Identify user needs and requirements and mobilize existing technology or identify new functionality to meet such requirements
- Plan network installations by studying technical specifications and preparing an installation schematic, documenting plans, and sending status reports
- Verify service by testing and re-programming circuits, equipment, and alarms; identify and correct problems; conferring with engineers
- Act as liaison between the telephone service providers, interconnect companies, and equipment vendors in matters dealing with the company's telecommunications needs
- Assist IT Management in selecting and implementing new Telecom technology as needed, including Cloud based Contact Center and VoIP systems throughout the company
- Identify and recommend improvements to enhance the technical capabilities of telecommunication systems and reduce operating costs
- Coordinate with Client's construction department and vendors to ensure IT Infrastructure activities for new locations (including stores, warehouses and cross docks) is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Travel to company locations within current and future markets as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to successfully take ownership and drive multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make decisions to prioritize tasks and allocate time given evolving business priorities
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn Corporate, Division, and Facility-specific applications, technology, and terminology.
- Ability to work in a multi-office environment and willingness to travel to other offices as required and must have reliable transportation to travel to and from Client's sites (able to expense mileage)
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology or other relevant degree program preferred
- 4+ years' experience in Networking and / or Telecommunications field
- Experience in Enterprise Telecommunications Infrastructure including VoIP systems, Cloud-based technologies, PBX (Nortel and others) phone switches, Call Center Management, IVR systems, Call Routing and reporting software
Interested in applying?
Contact Ivan Dupale at Ivan.Dupale@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:Eclarovalues diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.