Are you outgoing and enjoy meeting new people? Do you like technology and enjoy helping people solve technical problems? What if you could help people unlock their organization’s potential for increased productivity by improving communication? What if you could make a difference by connecting people to something bigger than themselves and provide solutions that help them in their most critical time of need? Are you seeking a terrific opportunity with a dynamic company offering so much more than a job in Technical Service? If so, we may have the perfect job for you.
Founded in 1965, Ronco Communications is a privately owned and operated company headquartered in Tonawanda, New York with additional offices doing business throughout the east coast. At Ronco we provide unified communications, data network infrastructure and technology monitoring services. As leaders in our field, we evaluate our customer’s needs and build an integrated system that meets their organization’s goals. With a well-established east coast presence and over 7500 customers, we are committed to providing best in class service.
We at Ronco seek a talented, Field Technician to perform a wide variety of complex technical duties in support of voice and data communication systems. Our skilled Technicians provide installation, support and maintenance on communication and networking equipment and deliver high quality customer service in a timely manner.
- Perform and coordinate installation, programming, troubleshooting and maintenance of communication equipment
- Professionally interface with customers to discuss work and convey system information
- Assist the sales team as necessary to ensure competitive and accurate bid responses
- Conduct building site-surveys to identify and confirm installation requirements
- Oversee projects from the bid process through sign-off; handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Attend/conduct project meetings with installation or construction personnel and assist with scheduling and installation
- Work directly with customers to establish and publish project timelines with completion dates
- Coordinate shipping of project equipment
- Communicate project progress to customers and Company team members and coordinate project changes with the sales team
- Provide training to customers or end user personnel on operation and maintenance of systems
- Provide effective “on call” support
- Attend job related training as offered by the Company as well as self-driven learning efforts
- Acquire technical certifications as needed for the job
- Mentor, train and share knowledge with others as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements for Success
- Associate degree in electronics technology or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience with AVST, Avaya, Cisco and Nortel products including IP Telephony and Call Pilot voicemail multimedia solutions.
- Professional, reliable, highly organized and punctual
- Customer service and team oriented
- Maintain industry-recognized technology credential(s)
- Maintain clean driving record
Why Choose Us?
In return for your commitment, creativity and hard work, we offer a professional, friendly atmosphere, and competitive compensation plan. Our benefit options include medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, life insurance, disability, 401k, holidays, and paid time off. In addition, we provide on the job training as well as terrific opportunities for promotion. At Ronco we are here to help, we are down to earth, we thoughtfully engage and we do whatever it takes! Our people make us who we are and we enable people to do great things. Are you ready to take the next meaningful step in your career? Apply today!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ronco is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, predisposed genetic or carrier status, or any other legally protected status.