Job Title: Telecommunications Specialist
Reports to: Planning and Systems Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Grade: EX05
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The Telecommunications Specialist is accountable for installing maintaining and repairing telephone fax video conferencing ATM DVR and Branch Alarms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Assist in the installation maintaining and repair of telephone fax video conferencing ATM DVR and Branch Alarms.
- Set up all new Branches with the applicable telecommunications.
- Work with all telecommunications vendors to ensure the Bank is receiving the appropriate service levels.
- Negotiate with potential and existing vendors to ensure the Bank is receiving the appropriate pricing for the service being offered.
- Assist the Chief Technology Officer in all telecommunication matters.
- Assist the Information Security and Audit Departments in all telecommunication matters.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Office hours Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part ambient room temperatures lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race color religion sex national origin age marital status genetic information disability or protected veteran status.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
• Hiring placement upgrading transfer demotion or promotion
- An associate’s degree in Information Sciences and Technology or equivalent level of education and experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work to time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in groups.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office Programs; Excel and Word.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering Technology
Travel using personal vehicle occasional overnight travel. Valid driver’s license required.
Must be able to speak read write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read analyze and interpret general business information including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is very active and requires standing walking bending kneeling stooping crouching crawling and climbing. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 25 pounds.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY