RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Telephony Security Specialist in Brooklyn, New York (NY).
The evolution of accessing emergency services beyond voice 9-1-1 calls has led to the client recognizing that its current E9-1-1 system is no longer able to support the needs of the future. A Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) network is needed to provide the highest level of service to the people of the client. In addition to voice communications, the NG9-1-1 system will be SIP based and will support text messages, images, and video, providing more emergency communications alternatives. With the transition to NG9-1-1, new cybersecurity risks emerge.
We are seeking experts familiar with highly secure and reliable SIP-based Voice over IP (VOIP) call center environments, with specific experience in cybersecurity and enterprise networking to help review, advise and design security solutions for the client's NG9-1-1 system. The ideal candidate will be responsible for advising on the security and risk of all manners of technology related to NG9-1-1 and VoIP telephone solutions, including logging and recording systems, GIS databases, virtualization, networking while keeping in up to date with the National Emergency Number Association (NENA) standards and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) telephony cybersecurity.
This position is best suited to those individuals who can perform research, develop risk and threat models, evaluate work of supporting suppliers; develop new security policies and standards and evaluate solutions to and ensure compliance by various suppliers in their proposed solutions; analyze client requirements for advanced services and products and coordinate with client partners to create appropriate solutions. The role will require that candidates be able to collaborate with internal staff and suppliers and develop solution security integration, deployment and operational strategies.
REQUIREMENTS:Mandatory Skills/Experience (Candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or a related field and at least 12 years of relevant experience including Telecom or Network Administration or related experience
- Security controls development experience for SIP based VoIP services, call centers and related systems
- Must be able to perform the majority of the work independently while also working closely with various Client departments and agencies
- Must be proficient in cybersecurity principles
Preferred Skills (not mandatory):
- Experience with E911 services, NG9-1-1 implementations and past work in Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) environments is highly desirable
- Possession of CISSP, CCIE voice or equivalent related certifications
- Experience with any of the following NG911 solutions: Avaya, Cassidian Communications, Digital Data Technologies, GeoComm, RedSky Technologies, Solacom, Telecommunication Systems and 911 Datamaster, or other related solutions
- Experience with TDoS threat analysis and mitigation
- Skills in VoIP/SIP penetration testing and SIP Response/Request -Fuzzing- techniques
- Hands-on experience with SIP call generation and hacking tools: SIPp, Mr SIP, Viproy, Ohrwurm, SIPcrack, Sipflanker, SIPVicious, Warvox/Metasploit
- Familiarity/experience with VoIP PBX solutions: Asterisk, FreeSWITCH, CUCM, Avaya CM
- Understanding of SIP protocol mechanics and implementation models, inclusive of the call setup (signaling) ladder, CODEC negotiation, media termination options, authentication options
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.