Job Title: Teller
Reports to: Branch Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary Grade: NE07
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Provides above standard customer service. Accurately and efficiently completes customer transactions. Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational and security policies and procedures including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank's Board of Directors.
• Accepts deposits verifying cash and endorsements and issue receipts.
• Cashes checks.
• Cross-sells the Bank's products and services.
• Process credit card payments.
• Issues money orders and bank checks.
• Accepts loan payments.
• Process night deposit bags.
• Admits customers to safe deposit boxes.
• Answers customer inquiries and provides balances.
• Balances transactions at end of the day and verifies cash totals.
• Balances Automated Teller Machines.
• Maintains reports and logs for record retention.
• Continues to building proficiency of banking principles and sales techniques by attending internal training external training and completion of continuing education courses
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full time position. Work hours are scheduled around the following branch hours:
Monday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 3:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 1:00pm
Employees will be scheduled to arrive half an hour prior to the opening of the branch and work fifteen to thirty minutes following the closing of the branch.
Occasionally upon request.
Must be able to speak read write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read analyze and interpret general business information including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to lift 10 to 20 lbs.
• Must be able to stand for long periods
• High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
• Customer service experience.
• Cash handling experience
• Effective verbal communication skills.
• Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work well in small groups.
• Previous banking experience.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY