Tailored Brands, Inc.’s purpose is to help our customers love how they look. We accomplish this by providing a personal, convenient, one-of-a-kind shopping experience with compelling products and world-class service. We help fulfill this mission by providing our employees with an engaging and inclusive workplace focused on teamwork, growth and respect.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Temporary HR Operations Specialist to join our Human Resources Team in our headquarters in Fremont, CA.
• Process Final Pay Notifications in PeopleSoft for terminating employees.
• Enter employee termination status changes into PeopleSoft.
• Respond to the initial request for unemployment claims by gathering all the termination information
• Work with vendor on new hire audits.
• Respond to terminated employees paycheck requests.
• Write verification letters for employees who are a leave of absence, transfer and immigration.
• Work with vendor on verification request.
• Order Federal and State posters for new stores.
• Inform manager of the return to work status of employees on leave and/or any work restrictions. Send written confirmation of any job accommodations.
Skills, Abilities, Experience & Qualifications
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills and ability to prepare grammatically correct and clear written reports and correspondence.
• Professionalism and strong attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and friendly demeanor.
• Excellent grasp of state & federal termination laws; experience ensuring compliance with those laws.
• General understanding of state and federal employment laws relative to administering Human Resources and Company policies.
• Strong and proven ability to build good relationships with teammates and business leaders and work as a team.
• Motivated and able to work independently.
• Ability to learn quickly and exercise good judgment.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks at a time and provide timely follow up.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to maintain a sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time and operate computer equipment.
• Ability to handle repetitive motion necessary for typing and filing.
• At least 3 years of overall HR experience strongly preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PeopleSoft strongly preferred.
Work Environment, Physical & Mental Demands
• Ability to handle repetitive motion necessary for typing, phone calls and filing.
• Ability to work at least 40 hours per week from the Company’s Fremont, California office.