Our client is currently seeking a Teradata DBA
Position will be a member of Data Management Production Support team under Production Management Organization –Data Management organization is responsible for all production platforms supporting and operating the CCB Data Eco System for all CCB LOBs that includes managing the Integrated Consumer Data Warehouse (ICDW) including more than 1 PB Teradata database, more than 40K ETL jobs, BI reporting and Hadoop.
As a Production Database Management Lead, you will be responsible for managing a team for the Incident and Problem resolution for aligned LOBs, providing end-to-end resolution to ensure completion of all jobs within defined objectives. Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with other teams to remediate and implement to production in order to minimize impact to customers and/or downstream.
The role also involves engaging and partnering with AD teams, and various platform owners like ETL, BI, etc. and also interfacing with executive and sr. management with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and remediation actions. The responsibility will included but limited to following functions –
- End-to-end Incident and Problem resolution for responsible LOBs.
- Responsible to support process improvements to continuously improve the stability and performance of the applications.
- Identify system bottlenecks and opportunities for betterment
- Perform service transition from development to support
- Prioritize workload, provide timely and accurate resolutions.
- Perform in-depth research and identify sources of production issues.
- Effectively perform root cause analysis of issues and report the outcome to business community and Management.
- Develop / utilize core support tools and processes to perform work while improving day-to-day practices for support team members with the goal of delivering service improvements to the business.
- Coordinate and work with the global production support team
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science, related field or Equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of professional experience in the field of information and technology.
- 8+ years of experience in Data Management/ data warehouse
- 6+ years of Experience in Database Technologies – Teradata/Oracle/Exadata
- Experience in working in Teradata environment, using Teradata utilities (TPT, FastLoad, MultiLoad, TPump, FastExport)
- Experience with Batch Scheduling tools such as Contol-M
- Experience with Linux platforms, Unix Scripting
- Experience in SQL debugging skills
- Knowledge or experience in using BI tools such as Business Objects and/or Tableau
- Knowledge of open source tools and utilities
- Ability to multi-task /change focus quickly
- Must be a team player.