Alluvion Staffing is looking for a Test Analyst in St. Petersburg, FL. This is an immediate need and a great opportunity to work with a global investment firm.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Applies specialized business knowledge, testing experience and technical skills to medium to large projects that involve multiple IT departments and business units.
- Reviews functional requirements and uses business and technical knowledge to analyze and develop software test plans and test cases.
- Identifies, gathers and manages appropriate test data and executes against test scripts.
- Performs testing for application development projects and where appropriate, technology infrastructure projects.
- Deliverables ensure sufficient test coverage and risk mitigation.
- Works closely with business users to determine priorities and facilitate decisions regarding quality.
- Leads and participates in functional software testing for software development efforts of all sizes and complexity utilizing various development platforms
- Uses industry knowledge, business systems knowledge and previous testing experience to independently execute testing against both proprietary and third party applications to identify differences between the business user requirements and the system being tested. Documents, reproduces and retests defects.
- Monitors testing progress, provides status reports and escalates issues as needed regarding testing efforts.
- Uses technical knowledge of Client Non-Stop and Windows DBMS (Database Management Systems) to design SQL queries and extract data needed for testing, and identify and/or create test data for manual and automated testing as necessary to fulfill specific scenarios.
- Uses software quality principals to review and analyze functional requirements, architectural overviews and other proposed system specifications to ensure requirements are complete, accurate and testable. Documents traceability of test cases to requirements.
- Develops test plans, writes manual and automated tests and ensures sufficient test coverage to mitigate risk to IT and to the firm.
- Identifies and defines test environment requirements.
- Participates in or leads risk assessment and test strategy design.
- Formally and informally provides guidance, technical training and mentoring to less experienced Software Quality Management associates on Software Engineering principals, application specific functionality, tool usage, business interaction and good practices.
- Conducts and/or participates in peer reviews of test plans and cases to ensure consistency, adequate coverage and risk mitigation
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and three (3) years of relevant experience or combination of education, training and experience.
- Testing terminology.
- DBMS tools and complex SQL queries.
- Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.