RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Test Engineer - 3 in Warren, Michigan (MI). This person will be a HMI Module Vehicle Level Integration Engineer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pro-actively interact with multiple tier 1 suppliers to coordinate software build releases
- Define and document system level issues between components of the subsystem
- Interact with suppliers to resolve system issues
- Review test logs to determine where subsystem issues reside
- Coordinate system software releases to other development groups within the company
- Run integration meetings, create minute, create and track action item lists
- Travel as needed to support suppliers
- Troubleshoot Captured Test Fleet issues
Typical Day Responsibilities:
- Bench testing
- In-vehicle testing
- Analyzing vehicle communication logs
- Creating test plans
- Executing test plans
- Logging defects in our defect tracking system
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical field - Computer Engineering, Science, Technology, MIS, etc.
- Years of Experience: Minimum 5 - 7
- Experienced in all aspects of Design and Development of Automotive Electronic Controllers (ECUs), especially of Audio Systems, their application and integration in Vehicle Design
- Experienced with Software and Calibrations work and Vehicle Serial Data Communication using LAN, LIN, and MOST networks
- Experience with common electrical test equipment (meter, scopes, etc.)
- Experience with the GMLAN serial data communication protocol
- Experience with common serial data test equipment (CAT, SCAT, NeoVI, SDATT, DiComPhySys, DPS Tool, etc.)
- Experience with automotive electrical systems and functional sub-systems
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area
- High level analytical ability
- Product Development Lifecycle
- Automotive Electronics testing
- In-vehicle communication monitoring tools such as VehicleSpy, neoVI, Grphon, Vector Canoe, etc.
- Experience with bug tracking systems such as RTC, JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla, etc.
- Preferred candidates would have experience at a Tier 1 automotive electronics supplier such as HARMAN, Panasonic, Continental, Magna, etc.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.