Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking candidates for the position of Test Engineer 4 within the Engineering, Science & Technology (ES&T) division. The position is located at the Advanced Technology Lab (ATL) - located outside of Baltimore, MD - where we develop discriminating technologies, design, manufacture, and test semiconductor products for internal and commercial production as well as emerging technology programs.
The Test Engineer will join our high-performance team supporting test of superconducting microcircuits and will work with physicists and design engineers to characterize and debug superconducting microcircuits.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Develop procedures, methods, and tools for test
- Identify and evaluate test hardware
- Design and debug test fixtures
- Verify equipment operation and performance
- Troubleshoot issues
- Develop test code
- Document test plans and procedures
- Evaluate test data
- Test improvements and optimization
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or related STEM field with at least 9 years of relevant experience (or a Master's degree in a STEM field with 7 years of relevant experience or a PhD plus 4 years of relevant
- Logic ASIC test experience
- Test and/or design experience with digital, mixed-signal, or RF/microwave microcircuits
- Strong programming skills, especially Python.
- Experience with cryogenic device testing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.