Description: Verification Test Engineer
* Develop and execute test plans that characterize and verify product specifications.
* Develop test plans that adequately depict the methods and techniques necessary to examine or validate our medical device designs to related standards as developed by external regulatory groups such as ISO, IEC, FDA, etc.
* Develop and implement test methods to conduct Verification Tests of medical devices and accessories; select test equipment, supplies, evaluation of designs.
* Review appropriate or mandated agency specifications and structure device test plans in accordance with required specifications.
* Document test results with formal Engineering Reports
* Participate in design reviews as required.
* Provide guidance/direction to Technicians, Test Engineers Perform other duties as assigned.
* Develop verification and validation testing for an embedded medical device that uses Linux * Conduct all phases of software testing (unit level, verification, validation)
* Troubleshoot software and hardware issues
* Develop automated tests for Jenkins automation server (nice to have)
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* Understanding of Linux system - able to navigate and work in Linux
* Able to read and interpret a schematic to component level. (nice to have)
* Proficient in office suites (such as MS Office, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.)
* Must be detail-oriented with strong data analytic, written and oral communication skills.
* BS or MS degree in Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering or related major
* At least 5 years or more in software development and/or verification and validation.
* Design experience in a medical or defense contractor environment using Design Controls is preferred
* Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally.
* Able to sit, stand, walk throughout the work day.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a manufacturing environment regulated by the FDA and many other work rules to prevent damage to the product we manufacture. Some of those work rules include but are not limited to:
* Wearing a static protective smock at all times while in the work area
* Working in close proximity to other employees.
* Working in an environment that is temperature and humidity controlled.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178