- Test Kitchen Recipe Tester in Glenview, IL
- 6 month contract
- Perform quality assurance testing on content produced by others on the Culinary team.
- May also be responsible for assisting in food preparation for food photography.
- Responsible for preparing recipes and validating the preparation instructions.
- Present the recipe long with observations and any commentary to the Culinary team.
- May be required to enter any changes or modifications into our proprietary recipe system.
- Ability to juggle writing and cooking tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment where priorities can shift quickly
- Solid demonstrated ability to prepare and evaluate recipes with an eye to being able to offer critique and opportunities for improvement if necessary.
- Comfort with both savory and sweet cooking methods, proficient in all classic culinary techniques
- Self-starter with independence, initiative, and a drive to succeed, as well as strong organizational skills and can-do approach to problem solving
- Effective communicator with ability to present findings in a group setting
- Good writing skills, strong attention to detail, and proficiency in balancing both the creative and technical aspects of recipe creation
- Ability to master the test kitchen's well-established editorial voice and nutritional guidelines
- Ability to build relationships and work across multiple departments, in a team setting
- Ability to work cooperatively and comfortably in an environment in which decisions are more often made by the group than by the individual
- Certificate or Degree from an accredited culinary arts program (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years cooking experience with test kitchen experience preferred
- BA/BS degree
- Food styling assistance experience a plus