- Test Printed Circuit (PC) Boards and sub-assemblies.
- Troubleshoot to the component level using meters, scopes, etc.
Essential duties and responsibilities.
- Test complex capital equipment product sub-assemblies using sales specifications, drawings/schematics standard test procedures, test guides, and other related documentation.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in electrical / electronic and electromechanical circuits.
- Proficiency with electrical, electronics.
- Prepares test reports on furnaces and distributes to others as directed.
- Work with engineers and other support functions on test related issues.
- Work as a contributing member in a team manufacturing setting.
- Strictly adhere to all safety procedures as per policy.
- Ability to verify work performed by others.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
Skills and knowledge
- Attention to details and a systematic approach to testing.
- Proficiency with hand tools and related power equipment.
- Read and understand complex electrical drawings and related Bill of Materials.
- Advanced knowledge of current/voltage reading equipment, recorders, gas leak detection equipment, and gas analyzer.
- Advanced understanding of computer operating systems and application software.
- Ability to utilize an ERP system in support of manufacturing.
- Familiarity with PLC ‘s and their function in controlling complex capital equipment a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to work with customers as well as internal staff to understand and communicate technical issues.
Education and experience
- Vocational / Technical education or military school graduate. Associates Degree preferred.
- Experience in electrical/electronic and electromechanical testing and troubleshooting.