Southwestern Human Services is hiring Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS). We are seeking enthusiastic and creative individuals to work with children and adolescents with Autism and/or a Mental Health diagnosis, in their homes, schools, and communities.
A TSS (Therapeutic Staff Support) provides one-to-one behavioral interventions to children and adolescents under the supervision of a master's level clinician. Services are delivered in the home, school, or community setting and vary based on the needs of each individual client. The TSS implements a child's treatment plan by working one-on-one with a child to improve behavior management and determine successful interventions. The TSS models, teaches, and coaches parents and caregivers in how to use approved interventions that will help the child maintain behavioral stability.
TSS's serve as an integral part of a collaborative treatment team working with the family and other professionals. A career as a TSS serves as a valuable and rewarding way to use your knowledge and experience to help change the lives of our clients and their families. Services are intended to implement specific interventions to stabilize the client, provide support to the family, and promote age-appropriate behavior. Services are provided in the client's natural environment; in homes, schools, and communities throughout Allegheny County.
SHS offers flexible scheduling, travel time reimbursement, competitive wages, paid time off, and benefits
· Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Sociology, Education, Criminal Justice, or similar human service field, with no prior work experience
· Or, a Bachelor's Degree in any other field, with 1 year of full-time paid work experience with direct contact with children or adolescents
· Or, an Associate's Degree, or 60 credits towards a Bachelor' Degree, with *at least*3 years of full-time paid work experience with direct contact with children or adolescents
· Recently updated Act 33/34 and FBI clearances, required
· Valid Driver's License, Auto Insurance, and reliable transportation, required
SHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Southwestern Human Services to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.