PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: The Outpatient Therapist has therapeutic responsibilities associated with the Extended Assessment and After School Programs within Mental Health Services. The Outpatient Therapist is responsible for the following:
1) Initial assessments of children where a request for his/her services has been received.
2) Writing treatment plans, progress notes and progress reports associated with direct clinical service.
3) Maintaining chart documentation according to regulatory requirements.
4) Ensuring that all necessary paperwork is completed prior to state and county inspections.
5) Interfacing with other clinic personnel, including psychologists, psychiatrists and the Extended Assessment staff.
6) Attendance at team meetings and other outside meetings on behalf of children, your and families assigned to the caseload.
7) Group counseling during the after school program.
8) Other related duties as assigned.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Clinical Operations/Director of Children's Mental Health Services
CONTACTS: Elwyn personnel, children/youth, foster and natural parents, funding and regulatory agency personnel, related agency personnel and visitors.
MA in Psychology or Masters in Social Work with two (2) years direct clinical experience with children and youth and families.
Minimum of two years experience providing direct clinical support to children, youth and their families.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to deal with a broad range of psychopathology and inappropriate behavior in children and adolescents; neat appearance; nominal physical demands; no lifting restrictions; successful completion of Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training.
HAZARDS: Associated with crisis intervention, occasional exposure to minor hazards.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law. #mon
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled